Hi there, I'm Kevin. I am currently studying computer science at Purdue University, where I'm pursuing the Software Engineering. I will be graduating in May 2019. My primary interest is in back end software engineering. A secondary topic that fascinates me is data analytics.
I will be starting as a Software Engineer at Squarespace beginning in Summer 2019 in NYC.
Software Engineering InternSummer 2018 — McLean, VA
- iOS developer in consumer banking business
- Prototyped an iOS app in Swift that interfaces with internal APIs/microservices
- Sourced and utilized an open source library for interacting with a Go server via WebSockets
Associate Software Engineer InternSummer 2017 — Chicago, IL
- Developer on the Chicago Police Department team using C# with ASP.NET MVC and Oracle SQL
- Rewrote multiple data warehouses search applications (originally in Visual Basic) using ASP.NET MVC
- Analyzed, architected, and rewrote web application (originally in Perl) for police lineups. Police lineups are a series of mugshots shown to a victim/witness of a crime wherein the victim/witness will point out a suspect. This process, if conducted fairly, is admissible evidence in court. Work includes database layer, web UI, everything in between, and a robust audit log system.
Krannert Computing Center
Student Developer5/2016 - 4/2017 — West Lafayette, IN
- Full stack developer on ASP.NET MVC web applications used University-wide.
- Automated tedious and error-prone processes to achieve time savings of >90%.
- Implemented scheduling appointment capability in a calendar utility used University-wide.
A portfolio tracking website built to fulfill the senior software engineering project requirement. Designed, architected, and built a web application using Bootstrap, Node.js, Postgres, and Redis in an agile team environment. Featured as one of the best senior projects for the Spring 2018 semester.
An unofficial Python wrapper for programmatically interacting with the stock trading game hosted on MarketWatch. Analyzed and reverse engineered the MarketWatch website to create a lean, robust, and well-documented wrapper.
C# with ASP.NET MVC
SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, Postgres)
If you have any questions or inquiries for me, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. My phone number is available on request.