Hi there, I'm Kevin. I am currently studying computer science at Purdue University. I intend to pursue the Software Engineering track and the Databases track. I will be graduating in May 2019. My primary interest is in software engineering. A secondary topic that fascinates me is data analytics.
I have accepted a software engineering internship at Capital One in McLean, Virginia (suburban Washington DC) for Summer 2018.
Associate Software Engineer Intern—Chicago, IL
- Developer on the Chicago Police Department team using C# with ASP.NET MVC and Oracle SQL during Summer 2017.
- Rewrote multiple data warehouses search applications (originally in Visual Basic) using ASP.NET MVC.
- Analyzed, architectured, and rewrote web application (originally in Perl) for police lineups. Police lineups are a series of mugshots shown to a victim/witness of a crime wherein the victim/witness will point out a suspect. This process, if conducted fairly, is admissible evidence in court. Work includes database layer, web UI, everything in between, and a robust audit log system.
Krannert Computing Center
Student Developer—West Lafayette, IN
- Full stack developer on ASP.NET MVC web applications used University-wide. Full time during Summer 2016, part time during academic year 2016-17.
- Automated tedious and error-prone processes to achieve time savings of >90%.
- Implemented scheduling appointment capability in a calendar utility used University-wide.
An unofficial Python wrapper for programmatically interacting with the stock trading game hosted on MarketWatch. Analyzed and reverse engineered the MarketWatch website to create a lean, robust, and well-documented wrapper.
QuackCryption is a novel approach to data structures, app development, and encryption. QuackCryption encrypts any given file or string into a series of 'quackquack's (with varying capitalization in each letter). It's unquackable!
SQL (Microsoft and Oracle)
C# with ASP.NET MVC
If you have any questions or inquiries for me, please feel free to contact me at [email protected].