Hi there, I'm Kevin. I'm a Software Engineer at Squarespace in NYC.
I graduated from Purdue University in May 2019 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science with a concentration in Software Engineering (GPA: 3.75/4). My primary interest is in back end software engineering. A secondary topic that fascinates me is data analytics.
Software Engineer6/2019 - Present — NYC
- Reduced processing times by 90% for certain critical operations in a Go gRPC microservice while improving reliability and safety
- Built a blackbox monitor in Go to measure the reliability and responsiveness of a gRPC microservice and to output metrics to Prometheus/Grafana with new alerting functionality; deployed monitor in Kubernetes
- Built a gRPC client in Python that is at feature parity with gRPC clients in other languages
Software Engineering InternSummer 2018 — McLean, VA
- iOS developer in consumer banking business
- Prototyped an iOS app in Swift that interfaces with internal APIs/microservices
- Sourced and utilized an open source library for interacting with a Go server via WebSockets
Associate Software Engineer InternSummer 2017 — Chicago, IL
- Developer on the Chicago Police Department team using C# with ASP.NET MVC and Oracle SQL
- Rewrote multiple data warehouses search applications (originally in Visual Basic) using ASP.NET MVC
- Analyzed, architected, and rewrote web application (originally in Perl) for police lineups. Police lineups are a series of mugshots shown to a victim/witness of a crime wherein the victim/witness will point out a suspect. This process, if conducted fairly, is admissible evidence in court. Work includes database layer, web UI, everything in between, and a robust audit log system.
Krannert Computing Center
Student Developer5/2016 - 4/2017 — West Lafayette, IN
- Full stack developer on ASP.NET MVC web applications used University-wide.
- Automated tedious and error-prone processes to achieve time savings of >90%.
- Implemented scheduling appointment capability in a calendar utility used University-wide.
A portfolio tracking website built to fulfill the senior software engineering project requirement. Designed, architected, and built a web application using Bootstrap, Node.js, Postgres, and Redis in an agile team environment. Featured as one of the best senior projects for the Spring 2018 semester.
An unofficial Python wrapper for programmatically interacting with the stock trading game hosted on MarketWatch. Analyzed and reverse engineered the MarketWatch website to create a lean, robust, and well-documented wrapper.
SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, Postgres)
C# with ASP.NET MVC
Frontend Web Development
If you have any questions or inquiries for me, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. My phone number is available on request.